LEFF Construction Design Build is a premier award-winning construction company specializing in custom home and high-end remodeling projects. We’re looking for an in-house ESTIMATOR; someone who can work full-time from our Design Center in Sebastopol, CA.
This individual will accurately complete all aspects of each project’s estimation, ensuring they remain within budget and will be an integral LEFF team member; this position works very closely with Senior Designers, Interior Designers, Project Managers, Sales and our Administrative staff.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package including retirement, medical, dental, vision and vacation/sick leave. Visit our Website at: www.leffconstruction.com to view our projects!
Submit your resume, cover letter and references in PDF or WORD format.
Essential Job Duties
- Prepare all aspects of project estimates accurately including take-off, outline specifications, sub-proposals, field crew task lists and material lists; immediately clarify and reconcile any discrepancies or errors discovered in the plans.
- Maintain and update the unit price database whenever any changes occur so it remains current and can be accurately utilized by other team members.
- Assist the Interior Designers when necessary with preparation of preliminary estimates or to produce cost data not found in the unit price database.
- Document and maintain a record of all communication with Architects, Engineers, Subcontractors, Project Managers, Production Manager, material suppliers or others involved in the project; present this information to the Production Manager or Project Manager in preparation for construction.
- Define each project’s scope of work for subcontractors including those projects with incomplete or no plans, to ensure subcontractors provide accurate bids eliminating the possibility of missed information or inaccurate estimates.
- Complete Estimator’s portion of After-Project Review (APR) information and present at the APR meetings.
- Create, utilize and improve estimator checklists; capture all details required and ensure discrepancies or potential problem areas are identified and corrected immediately to ensure accurate estimates.
- Additional Duties: Screen, approve and hire new subcontractors or material suppliers on behalf of LEFF.
- Keep open communication and be available to answer questions or concerns from the design team, Production Manager, Superintendents, Project Managers or others working on a project.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Four-year accredited college or university degree preferred or combination of course work and experience.
- Home Performance and Building Science knowledge is a plus.
- At least 5 years of successful residential field construction management experience preferred.
- At least 5 years of residential remodeling and custom home estimating experience preferred.
- Technical and Job Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret all types of job plans, engineering drawings and specifications at an expert level.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and references in PDF or WORD format. Please indicate: “ESTIMATOR POSITION” in the subject header.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org