This is a part-time position.
Essential Job Duties Include:
- Solicit, track and review subcontractor bids
- Prepare cost estimates and proposals
- Execute take-offs of construction documents.
- Review plans and specifications as required to understand project scope.
- Perform quantity takeoffs.
- Compose, submit and track RFIs
- Attend pre-bid meetings and attend bid opening.
- Provide miscellaneous administrative support as required.
- Assist in compiling data for proprietary cost database.
- Document and maintain records of all communications with architects, engineers, subcontractors, project managers, construction manager, material suppliers or others involved in each project.
- Create, utilize and improve estimator checklists.
Skills and Qualifications
- Some construction experience- either education, office, internship or field.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Software competency: Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and use industry-specific software quickly.
- Time management skills are of the utmost importance along with analytical thinking.
Objectives and Results
- Perform accurate takeoffs, with legible notes for review by others.
- Convey information using technical writing and self-created diagrams as needed.
- Maintain positive subcontractor and vendor relationships with a professional phone demeanor and clear requests for information.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and references in PDF or WORD format.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.