Due to the coronavirus pandemic, LEFF is extending the search for a Residential Designer/Architect. Our office is temporarily closed at this time, so please communicate via email only.
This is NOT a telecommunication position.
This position will require the individual to work each day from our design center in Sebastopol, CA once the emergency passes.
Explore our website at: www.leffconstruction.com to see some of our beautiful designs!
By opening this post you begin the first step toward your future with LEFF Construction Design-Build. Become part of an award-winning Design-Build team that has been serving Sonoma County homeowners for 42 years and is expanding to fulfill high demand for our beautiful and functional work.
A LEFF Design-Build project depends upon our talented and collaborative Designers from the first client call to the project’s completion. As the newest member of our Senior Design staff, you will partner with our in-house construction team to become a trusted adviser who will guide your clients through every decision revolving around residential remodels and new construction homes.
Your client relationship begins with design development and material selections, and continues to installation approvals through the completion of construction. When you work with LEFF, you will have the latest in digital design tools and software, and opportunities for ongoing education pared with flexibility in your schedule to support a work-life balance.
At LEFF Construction Design Build our integrated approach to design and construction incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. We are searching for an experienced Architect or Residential Designer to join us in developing real, workable, and innovative design solutions.
The right person for this position will have strong technical knowledge in conceptual design, a keen understanding of the costs associated with construction (designing to a budget), building planning and detailing, construction documentation, and interior development.
We seek someone with the soul and passion of an artist who also has strong technical and communication skills. You must bring site, structure, science, and technology knowledge to every project, while incorporating our client’s objectives with respect to budget, culture, and overall sustainability.
Objectives for this Role:
• Design, document, and execute multiple simultaneous high-quality projects by collaborating with all internal and external teams
• Maintain close working relationships with a team of related professionals, including engineers, construction managers, surveyors, and government representatives
• Cultivate expert knowledge of building products, finish materials, construction details, regulations, quality standards, budgets, and timelines
• Adhere to legal and industry standards in design and building codes, following industry trends and architectural advancements
• Lead the creation of a conceptual framework for projects: incorporating company standards, goals, and brand ideals
• Cultivate and maintain new client relationships: qualify potential clients that align with the LEFF Design-Build process.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
• Create designs and extremely detailed drawings with computer-aided design (CAD) applications
• Manage project development from pre-design through the start of construction, meeting with clients and consultants, providing insight and assistance, and reviewing and approving consultant contract requests for payment, amendments, extensions of the design schedule, and contract closeout
• Lead the coordination of all disciplines to produce a comprehensive and coordinated construction document set that meets the requirements of local building code, ADA, universal design, zoning, and any other applicable law
• Liaise with our in-house construction professionals regarding project feasibility, managing issues with environmental impact, town planning legislation, and budget negotiation and preparation
• Attend regular meetings with clients, in-house construction team, and specialists, and make regular site visits to check on progress
• Maintain excellent relationships with local showrooms and vendors; assist client with material selections and detailed interior development
• Expect to meet with your manager for quarterly conversations that allow for support in your continued growth and development
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design, or related field
• 6+ years working experience in Architectural Design
• Knowledge and experience working with local building code, ADA, zoning, and other applicable laws
• Understanding of project budgeting and scheduling with a focus on soft costs and the ability to communicate and work closely with our team to ensure that project milestones are met and delivered timely and complete
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and CAD applications
• Green building experience
• Rendering experience with Chief Architect or similar software
• Willing to go beyond to exceed client expectations
• Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
• IRA matching contribution
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Professional Development: Ongoing Education
• Affiliation and Memberships in local professional organizations
• Get to collaborate with the best team ever!
• Opportunity to participate in community focused workshops
For immediate consideration please submit your resume and 3 references, with job title for this posting in the subject line.
In the body of your email, please include a single image from your portfolio and a brief description of why you chose that particular image.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.