LEFF Construction Design/Build of West Sonoma County has an immediate opening for an experienced take-charge Residential Construction Superintendent. Our Superintendents are the physical representation of LEFF Construction Design Build and the first point of contact for sub-contractors and other LEFF employees working on a project. This individual is expected to closely monitor field labor force, including sub-contractors, to ensure that each project is of superior quality and within allotted time frame and budget.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensure the productive and safe use of all labor-related equipment and materials.
- Manage all construction site activities including one-week and two-week look-a-heads, material deliveries and inspections.
- Work in tandem with the Project Manager to ensure the change order process is followed and manager process by tracking and maintaining up-to-date accurate job records.
- Work efficiently and produce excellent quality of work, financial success and excellent client satisfaction for each construction project.
- Supervise all job site activities and field crew personnel, utilizing strong leadership and carpentry management skills while taking full responsibility for what happens on each assigned job site.
- Work in an open, positive manner to resolve challenges as they arise.
- Maintain a positive and respectful working relationship with field and office employees.
- Work with each Project Manager to develop a schedule for each project.
- Develop and implement a recovery plan in the event of project scheduling delays.
- Regularly inform employees of their work status/schedules and coach them on quality/efficiency of work.
- Review financial status of each project daily and provide weekly financial reports in writing to Project Manager.
- Work with Project Manager to maintain and improve project margins.
- Establish a high-level of work quality by which all work can be measured.
- Utilize the PU list system and other quality control measures set by the Construction Manager.
- Perform all work activities in accordance with Leff Construction standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that each work site maintains a professional, clean and secure environment, free from smoking and unprofessional behavior.
- Always go above and beyond what is expected to maintain excellent client satisfaction at all times.
This position offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, a retirement plan match and
vacation/sick leave. Compensation: DOE.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and references in PDF or WORD format to email@example.com