This Colonial style house was built in 1980 and had undergone no prior remodeling. The clients entertain family and friends quite often, so the goal for the first level of the house was to open up the divided rooms to create a great. The kitchen, formal dining room and family were reconfigured, walls were removed and the result is a much more open, brighter and space. The clients added on to the project: an upstairs bath was remodeled with Universal design elements to accommodate an elderly family member’s planned move-in.
“They were very professional, respectful and did high quality work. They came in on time and on budget. Every problem was brainstormed and solved. They have high standards and strive to always meet them. All their sub contractors had the same level of professionalism and provided excellent work. If any thing wasn’t done right they made sure it was redone to their satisfaction. It was a pleasure to have them work on our home.”
“Beyond our expectations.”
Steve & Kathy, Sebastopol
- Open up divided rooms to create a great room; remodel upper story addition to give it a more cohesive look with the rest of the home.
- Create open view from kitchen to front door.
- Increase storage in kitchen and master suite.
- Select high-quality, simple and elegant finishes that are also easy to clean and maintain.
- Incorporate universal design elements, including curbless showers and a walk-in wet room upstairs for elderly parent/aging in place.
- Balance the budget with the desire for quality finishes.