LEFF Design Build Construction is seeking a Production Department Manager. The ideal candidate will oversee all activities relating to Production. He or she will manage the entire production team in the field; completing projects on schedule, with targeted gross profit, minimizing risk of loss to the company. The PDM is also responsible for customer satisfaction to ensure the company enjoys a superior level of repeat business and customer referrals and for planning and implementing field employee training, establishing learning goals and actively following up.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage all production activities for High-End Residential Construction projects.
- Lead the production operations and employees toward company goals.
- Possess a proven track record of successfully managing a RESIDENTIAL Production department.
- Possess the management knowledge to improve production field and office staff performance so each project remains in line with the client’s budget and scheduling goals.
- Manage the interface between production and other company departments for efficient and smooth handoff.
- Oversee in-office project management functions including job scheduling, change orders, and project startup.
Personnel and Training
- Stay current on industry best practices.
- Coach and train project managers and superintendents in residential high-end construction as well as management skills.
- Identify additional training needs such as the use of mobile devices, software, safety, and building practices.
- Prioritize company needs for skill and employee training; follow through with continuous action.
- Ensure employee goals are documented in writing, including their performance reviews, and discussions between reviews.
- Hold individual meetings with project managers regularly and hold department employees accountable for their responsibilities.
- Supervise field employee schedules including job assignment and related reporting (e.g. layoff information to Human Resources).
- Maintain and build management skills, regularly seeking out and attending continuing education.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and client satisfaction during and after production.
- Constantly work to improve client relations which will ultimately create referrals and future sales.
- Manage the financial side of production.
- Review and analyze job reports weekly and supervise Cost to Complete, After Project Review meetings and end-of-job summary reporting.
- Keep a written schedule for all meeting activities.
Administrative & Organizational
- Organize communication and workflow in the production department so all personnel understand who performs what task.
- Manage administrative portion of production activities.
- Implement production procedures, checklists, and annual budget.
Additional Job Duties
- Manage LEFF Safety Program including compliance with safety law and official guidelines; develop and maintain a safe culture.
- Take responsibility for hiring, lay-off or terminating field personnel in accordance with company policy.
- Actively and fully participate as a part of the management team including Project Management responsibilities whenever necessary.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in is preferred. Degree in construction business management is a plus.
- Successful track record managing a high-end residential production dept. is a must.
- Minimum of 10 years of field construction and/or project management experience within a high-end residential remodeling and new home construction environment.
- At least 5 years of management experience with a strong emphasis on training and employee skill development.
- High-End Residential Production Dept. management experience is a must.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret job plans, engineering drawings and specifications at an advanced level.
- Possess a wide range of residential construction experience including custom residential carpentry.
- Efficiently perform project management tasks in Sage 100 or other construction software.
- Utilize the full functionality of the Fast Track/MS Project scheduling program to create, maintain and regularly update job schedules throughout the job’s duration.
- Possess an advanced knowledge of all basic computer skills; including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Organize job duties for consistent performance and resolve conflicting time demands immediately.
- Support Superintendents as shown by their willingness to take on initiatives so each project manager’s workload is balanced.
- Mentor your staff and provide positives examples to improve their job skills and effectiveness with other employees as well as relationships with our clients.
- Continuously improve job skills and knowledge for yourself and department employees.
- Understand the “big picture” and how the Production Department fits into the workflow of LEFF Construction; so work and goals are aligned with the project’s and the company’s goals.
- Resolve conflicts immediately with clients, employees and/or subcontractors, using management skills to train staff to do the same wherever possible.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.